Visiting the Arts Pacific Gallery
The Arts Pacific Gallery is a display room that collects artworks from different artists who reside in Bowen Island. The gallery features authentic artwork, such as jewelry, fiber arts, handknits, ceramics, sculpture, pottery, and paintings.
The mind behind the concept of the gallery is Jeannette Wrenshall, who is an artist herself. She is a proud ceramic artist who has served Bowen Island throughout the years. Since 1998, the gallery has been one of the favorite destinations of tourists worldwide.
The gallery is a non-profit organization and is committed to showing excellence in its craft. Below is a list of their displays:
- Fiber Arts: purses made of silk and wool, scarves, ponchos, sweaters, shawls
- Jewelry: Swarovski crystals, precious stones, beads, silver, combs made of gold, tiaras, earrings, and necklaces
- Pottery: features white clay with loads of glazes
- Wall Art: canvas and metal, paneled colored glass, acrylics, silver leaf, gold leaf, oil gilding, mosaics, collage, mixed media, photography, paintings
- Sculpture: resin painting and casting, mold making (the process involves traditional or silicone mold making methods)